All clients utilizing MeetElise (ME) as their AI leasing assistant must integrate their email client to allow ME to send and receive emails to their leads via a licensed email account. Aliases and exchange impersonation accounts cannot be utilized. At least one leasing assistant email address should be set up per organization. This email address can be shared with a leasing team or used exclusively by ME for purposes of interacting with leads. Exclusive use is the recommended approach for security reasons to ensure that ME has access to leasing related email only. This reduces the likelihood of ME receiving email from active residents or other internal company wide emails. To avoid spam classification, ME can work with a client to identify the correct number of email addresses for the volume of expected emails to be sent. Note that use of aliases and exchange impersonation accounts do not bypass spam filters. Clients looking to brand their leading assistants (and their email signatures) for each community are currently advised to create one leasing assistant email address per community.
For the best lead experience, emails should be set up on the client domain, with credentials managed in line with current client policy. ME follows the principle of least privilege when authenticating the email inbox dedicated to us. Authorization for ME to send and receive emails is managed via the industry standard Oauth 2.0 (used by Amazon, Google, Twitter, etc - https://oauth.net/2/). We support and encourage our clients to use MFA authentication. Credential changes on the client side require re-authorization of the ME leasing assistant email address(es).
Clients may integrate with either Google or Outlook-based email, as detailed below. Outlook integration details differ for those clients using Self-hosted Microsoft exchange accounts.
Clients using Gmail will be integrated via the Gmail API, using the following methods:
- Get (users.messages.get) - Used to pull all emails sent to the AI leasing agent’s email
- Send (users.messages.send) - Used to send email responses to leads
- Gmail API: https://developers.google.com/gmail/api/reference/rest
- List (user-list-messages) - Used to pull all emails sent to the AI leasing agent’s email
- Send (user-sendmail) - Used to send email responses to leads
- Clients using Outlook email (other than Self-hosted Microsoft exchange accounts) will be integrated via the Outlook mail REST API, using the following methods:
- Outlook API: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/mail-api-overview?view=graph-rest-1.0
- Get (threadsid) - Used to pull all emails sent to the AI leasing agent’s email
- Send (sending-directly) - Used to send email responses to lead
Outlook Email (Self-Hosted Microsoft Exchange Accounts only)
Clients using Outlook Microsoft Exchange Accounts will be integrated via an API from a third party provider, Nylas, using the following methods:
- Nylas API: https://docs.nylas.com/docs/quickstart-email